Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Comments for Kids #3

Post #7


Nathan posted a Google presentation about adding two and three digit numbers using a method called "tidying up". His presentation contained two examples, with steps shown, and the correct answer. His blog page was very neat and he had a photo of himself with some personal information.

I replied:  I have a twelve year old son who likes music and movies too! Twelve is such a fun age. I tell my son all the time that I wish I could freeze him at this age because he is so goofy and has so much fun!
My favorite subject is math so I really enjoyed your post. Putting the information in a Google Presentation made it nice and neat and I could understand your explanation. We were never formally taught this method of addition, but this is how I would always work the problems in my head. I call it mental math. You are doing a great job with your blog!



Taunese posted a photo of a map of the area in which she lives. She included written directions from her school to two different locations, the Netball Court and Tamakai College. The post was titled "Geometry: Glen Innes Map".
My reply: It looks like you are studying Geometry and this map is helping you in your understanding. Is that correct? You are making good use of the directional references and that would help most people. I call myself "directionally challenged". That means if you tell me north, south, east, and west, I might get lost. I find places better when directions include landmarks like roundabouts and bridges! Good work on this blog post!


Collin posted about having a sleepover at the local community church. He had three friends there, they traveled up the mountain and admired the beautiful view, then went back to the church for marshmallows and a movie called The Perfect Game.
My reply: Thank you for sharing your story with us on your blog. You must have had an exciting time because sleepovers with friends are fun, traveling to the top of a mountain is fun, and marshmallows and movies are fun too! You must be exhausted! Your writing is descriptive so it helps me picture what it was like. I saw the movie The Perfect Game and really enjoyed it. I hope you had a good time! Good work on your blog!

Post #8

Loseli posted a photo of a brochure she created about native plants. A second photo posted looked to be a rubric for the assignment. My reply: Your blog post with the photo of the brochure you created is very nice. Good job on the brochure. Is the other photo a rubric for your assignment? 


Phaezon posted a photo of a brochure he created about native plants. A second photo posted looked to be a rubric for the assignment. My reply: Good job on the brochure. Your blog post with the photo of the brochure you created er photo a rubric for your assignment? My favorite subject is math as well!
Keep up the good work!



Efa-Lata was a post about her and her mom visiting the Auckland Zoo and how much she enjoyed seeing the animals.
My reply: I have enjoyed your story about your zoo visit and I am so glad you had a good time. Elephants are my favorite animal! Keep up the good work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment